Drones went from being a casual summer hit to a mainstream tech gadget. What’s so surprising is the fact it took drones just a couple of months to go from a completely anonymity to a mainstream market. At first, they were only purchased by tech enthusiasts and those who fee that way. Nowadays, everyone seems to have at least one drone… And everyone keeps talking about them constantly.
Perhaps that’s not the case with your group of friends, but coming from my perspective – I can’t even go on a proper night out with my friends and colleagues without them mentioning drones. They’re everywhere…With that being out there on the table, I’d like to address a huge issue that has been brought up to my attention. You see, there’s a huge abundance of drones for sale on the market. This paved the way for drones of questionable quality which is why newcomers might find it difficult to pick out a good one.
That’s why I made this list of the best 15 drones currently available for sale. They are ranked from worst to best (15 to 1) and features a solid difference between price ranges. If you are currently in the process of purchasing a drone and you are afraid you might not get the best bang for your bucks, make sure you carefully read through the models down below as some of them will definitely interest you!
What are the factors you have to take into consideration when purchasing your first drone?
Common features drones have and how they work:
Table : 16 Best Drones For Sale
|16. ZeroTech Dobby||4K||150m||10 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|15. Xiro Xplorer Mini||1080p||60m||15 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|14. MJX Bugs 3||GoPro||300m||15 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|13. Hubsan H501S||1080p||300m||18 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|12. Upair One||4K||500m||20 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|11. Traxxas Aton||GoPro||300m||20 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|10. DJI Spark||1080p||2000m||15 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|9. Hubsan H109S||1080p||2000m||23 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|8. Yuneec Q500||4K||2000m||22 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|7. DJI Phantom 3 Pro||4K||5000m||23 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|6. Parrot Bebop 2||14MP||2000m||23 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|5. DJI Inspire 2||4K||6000m||25 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|4. Autel X-Star||4K||2000m||25 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|3. Yuneec Typhoon H||4K||1000m||22 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|2. DJI Phantom 4 Pro||4K||6000m||26 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
|1. DJI Mavic Pro||4K||7000m||26 min||See price now [cf_geo_flag]|
16. Zerotech Dobby
If you ever wanted a miniature selfie camera drone for sale that can fly around you and take AWESOME selfies, then look no further because Dobby is your dream come true. Don’t believe me? Well, check out what’s there to say about him and you’ll get it straight.
This stunning little fella comes with a breathtaking 4K camera that even has its own miniature stabilization system. It greatly helps with the overall image quality and ensures optimal smoothness no matter the scenario. Moving forward, it’s important to mention that you do not get a classical controller as is the case with most other drones on the market. No! Dobby works with smartphones (both android and iOS) and tablets, allowing a huge portray of available models that can fully control it.
Dobby is not just a good selfie camera but a solid feature-packed miniature drone too. With GPS (TOP 10 Drones with GPS), follow me and facial recognition software, Dobby can be quite the entertainment at your next family picnic. Unfortunately, it does have some downsides in terms of overall specifications. Just 10 minutes of flight time and roughly 150 meters of flight range are much lower than I expected Dobby to have prior to its release.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
15. XIRO Xplorer Mini
This awesome looking foldable drone sports excellent features and is insanely easy to carry around wherever you go. Judging by its compact size, it was quite the surprise to see a full HD camera that can shoot both images and videos in solid quality. If specifications are on point, XIRO Xplorer Mini could be an awesome choice for frequent travelers. But, are they? Let’s find out!
XIRO Xplorer Mini sports a plethora of features as well and, combine with the incredibly small size factor, it seems as though XIRO Xplorer Mini will become quite a hit. Unfortunately, the only problem this little fella has is a short flight time – it can only fly for about 15 minutes after which you will need to charge its battery for approximately 90 minutes. But still, the same problem was present with Zerotech’s Dobby which is a direct competitor of XIRO Xplorer Mini. In fact, Xplorer Mini has 5 minutes longer flight duration… but weaker camera.
So, if you are looking for advice on what foldable drone to buy, you should definitely choose between the similarly priced XIRO Xplorer Mini and Dobby by Zerotech… Unless you can afford the Mavic Pro. In that case, go for the DJI’s masterpiece (more on DJI Mavic Pro later on).Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
14. MJX Bugs 3
Running on MT1806 1800KV brushless motor and priced at just below $150, MJX Bugs 3 offers great value for money and generally seems like a solid entry level choice. It’s quite sturdy as well, giving you the impression that it won’t break easily. But, is the build quality only real virtue of MJX Bugs 3? Well, let’s check it out!
MJX Bugs 3 works via the popular 2.4ghz two-way communication and has roughly 300 meters of range (10 long range drones). It’s not a lot considering todays’ standards, but it’s still good enough for the price. Flight duration stands a bit better with approximately 15 minutes of air time on a single charge. The 1800mAh battery can be easily replaced meaning you can greatly benefit from purchasing an additional one.
When it comes to camera, that’s definitely going to be the biggest downside for most of you reading this. You see, it doesn’t come with one, but on the bright side – it offers full support for all the mainstream action cameras such as GoPros. While most of you will frown at this info, some of you (mainly those who already own a GoPro) might even think it’s a blessing not being tied to a poor built-in camera.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
13. Hubsan H501S
This miniature drone made by Hubsan sports a wide variety of interesting functions such as GPS, altitude hold, follow me and more. Considering Hubsan isn’t exactly the most popular drone manufacturer out there, I’m sure customers will notice H501S’s qualities and praise them on all bells. Is there a lot for them to praise? Hmmm…let’s see!
First off, Hubsan H501S incorporates a 4.3 LCD screen on the remote which is an amazing addition at this price range. It works via 5.8Ghz frequency which is reliable and offers a lag-free experience up to 300 meters. When it comes to battery life, H501S is actually better than MJX Bugs 3, but not by a lot. There’s just 2 minutes between the two with H501S clocking in at roughly 20 minutes (10 Long flight time drones).
Other than that, it is also important to mention this little fella incorporates shiny LED lights beneath its propellers. This makes up for an excellent aerial light show if you happen to fly it around the neighborhood at night. All in all, the flight is quite smooth and beginner friendly, making Hubsan H501S an excellent choice for children. But, is it the right one for more advanced drone fliers? Well, there’s only one way to find out and that’s to buy it and test it out!Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
12. Upair One
Coming in 2 different versions (everything is the same except for the camera; you can choose between 4K and 2.7K one), Upair One seems like an excellent choice for people who want a reliable drone with an excellent camera quality.
The first thing you will notice when you lay your eyes on it is the fact that it looks a lot like DJI’s Phantom models. That’s even more true when you take a closer look at its fancy controller that sports a huge 7-inch display for FPV monitoring. Talking about FPV, Upair One can provide you with a smooth livestreaming experience for up to 400 meters. Double that number and you will get the approximate maximum distance this little fella can cover.
On the other hand, the smart 5400mAh battery is a solid component as well. It’s capable of delivering up to amazing 25 minutes of flight time, so with that in mind, if you though Upair One is just another cheap Phantom lookalike that can’t do shit in the air, you have to admit you were terribly wrong!Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
11. Traxxas Aton
Traxxas Aton is an amazing drone meant for people who still cannot decide whether they want a racing or just a casual drone. Why not both? Well, that’s exactly what Aton offers with its incredibly fast top speed of up to 50 miles per hour.
On top of that, it is also impressively stable allowing you to take excellent aerial shots of your favorite moments (you will, of course, need to provide it with your own action camera since Traxxas Aton does not come with one). This is all made true by the 2 flight modes it features (not counting in the expert mode which allows you to take full control over your UAV). If you want top speed, pick sport; if you want to record aerial footage, pick film. It’s as simple as that! To top it all off, Aton also features a powerful smart battery which can endure more than 20 minute of flight time.
And best of all, you get all of the features and specs stated above for a ridiculously affordable price! So, if you already have an action camera and you don’t want ot pay extra for it on a drone, Traxxas Aton has you covered. One thing is for sure, it is definitely one of top drones for sale.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
10. DJI Spark
There’s a brand-new miniature drone on the market, and it’s obviously a special one. Why? Well, it’s made by the world’s leading drone manufacturer – DJI. If that’s not enough to get you interested, then you’re a lost cause for sure!
In terms of specifications, Spark is not on par with the Mavic Pro. But that’s not so much surprising considering you can buy 2 Sparks for the price of one Mavic Pro. Despite that, you are still looking at roughly 2 kilometers of range and 15 minutes of flying. Size, on the other hand, is something that Spark clearly excels at. It is as big as an iPhone 6 Plus meaning you can technically carry it in your jacket pocket.
Considering the fact Spark is mainly marketed as a selfie drone, it’s safe to say the built-in FHD camera will do the trick. What’s even better is the 2-axis gimbal stabilization system which will do wonders in terms of smoothing your aerial footage. Features are always the very pinnacle of DJI’s creation, and the same goes for Spark too. Starting off with the usual smart flight modes and facial recognition software, this little fella also sports a couple of new features including PalmControl and PalmLaunch. Both of them allow you to effectively control your drone with your bare hands from takeoff to midair controlling – how crazy is that?Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
9. Hubsan H109S
H109S is a more premium drone produce by Hubsan, a steady player in the drone industry. With plenty of experience when it comes to making top notch models that offer great value for money, it comes as no surprise that their high-end model offers exactly that. H109S comes with a full HD camera mounted on a 1-axis gimbal system.
While that’s not as good as the industry standard 3-axis, it still offers a noteworthy dose of stability during video recording and image snapping. Moreover, It has the same array of features as we already had the chance to see with the H501S – GPS, headless mode, altitude hold and automatic return. And last but not least, H109S’ controller is definitely worth mentioning. Why? Well, believe it or not, it runs on Android 4.2 OS and features a small display for OSD and FPV.
With that explained, I believe there is nothing left to be said about this excellent, beginners-friendly drone.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
8. Yuneec Q500
On the upper portion of my list comes the awesome Q500 by Yuneec. It’s an absolutely gorgeous drone whose controller also sports an integrated touchscreen display. So, not only does it serve for FPV but it also serves for controlling purposes too. It’s a lot of fun to fly and can definitely be a good alternative to DJI’s Phantom 3.
Moving forward, you will be happy to find out this little bugger is equipped with a hefty 4K camera capable of shooting slow motion videos in full HD. We are talking about a solid 12mpx sensor with no distortion lens that manages to capture the very essence of your favorite family gatherings. If you are one of those people who like to have some sort of control over the image settings, you will be satisfied with the adjustability that Q500 offers. With settings such as video resolution which is a standard for most drones on the market, Q500 also incorporates white balance and light exposure adjustments, all in favor of making the optimal aerial image or video.
So, with everything mentioned above taken into consideration, I’m pretty sure that Yuneec will get plenty of profit from the sales of Q500. Customers are loving it and I’m sure it will find its way into plenty more homes all across the globe.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
7. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
The last generation of DJI’s flagship models from the Phantom series proved to be a massive hit with their respective customers. Now, even though the new 4th installment has already established itself on the market, there are still many of those who are are looking to buy the 3rd one.
That’s not surprising since DJI Phantom 3 Pro still is an excellent drone with plenty of specifications to brag about. With its spectacular 4K camera (20 Drones With Camera), state of the art 3-axis gimbal stabilization, a whole plethora of sensors and Lightbridge digital streaming (works up to 720p), there is no doubt that DJI Phantom 3 didn’t lose its magic just yet. Another factor that comes into its favor is its outright durability. DJI Phantom 3 is known to withstand quite a beating and still function properly as if nothing has happened. That’s something a lot of popular drones are trying to accomplish, but are still not getting anywhere near DJI’s success.
Combine its superior build quality and all that good stuff with roughly 25 minutes of flight time and cca 5 kilometers of seamless operating range, and you’ll begin to understand why it’s still a massively popular choice.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
6. Parrot Bebop 2
I’m sure you have already heard about Parrot and their awesome drones (presumably AR or the first version of Bebop). Today, I’d like you to take a closer look at Bebop 2 paired with Sky Controller. Does the combination provide worthwhile synergy or is it just another gimmick? Let’s find out!
This medium-tier drone sports a 14mpx fisheye camera that can record video in full HD and snap awesome aerial shots. In addition to that, Bebop 2 becomes quite the beast when paired up with the dedicated Sky Controller. Not only does it provide much better controls but it also serves as a range extender. It allows Bebop 2 to fly as far as 2 kilometers away from you. The 2700mAh battery does its part of the job nicely as well, keeping the Bebop 2 in air for more than 25 minutes.
Apart from that, there is nothing left to be said about Parrot Bebop 2. As you probably noticed on your own, it is a very simple drone but with plenty of power underneath the hood… and because of that, I definitely think a lot of people will opt for it as it can provide an entire family with a ton of fun day in and day out.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
5. DJI Inspire 2
If you are a professional photographer and you would like a special drone that will certify your utmost professionality, then you are looking at the right one. This monster is basically the ideal aerial photography platform with plenty of lifting power to handle all your equipment. DJI Inspire 2 is a drone that costs a proper fortune though. But don’t worry about the price as it can serve you in many ways.
You want a premium quality aerial platform that can handle every assignment you put it up against? DJI Inspire 2 can deliver! You want a specialized autonomous drone that can follow you (or any steady or moving object of your desire) everywhere you go and record breathtaking aerial footage? DJI Inspire 2 can do that as well. Equipped with the latest technology and a whole bunch of sensors (including collision avoidance), this beast of a drone is a no-brainer for true professionals!
In terms of battery duration, DJI Inspire 2 can go from 17 to 27 minutes, depending on what type of camera + gimbal combination you got going on. Likewise, the range is nothing short of brilliant too – roughly 5 kilometers. But, once again, this all comes at a very high price tag so you’ll surely have to think this purchase through.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
4. Autel Robotics X-Star Premium
The wooden medal goes to a rather underrated drone. X-Star Premium is the name and we are talking about a fine drone that often gets overlooked by potential buyers. That’s mostly because it’s made by Autel Robotics which are not such a well-known brand in the industry. Still, with an amazing display of raw power and value for money, Autel Robotics might just make it big with this one and earn customers’ trust for the near future. With that being said, X-Star Premium seems to have a big task ahead. Will it prove worthy? Why don’t we take a closer look at it and see!
One of the biggest marketing tricks this little fella has up its sleeves is definitely the 4K camera capable of providing you with an enjoyable FPV (and VR as well) experience. What’s better – X-Star Premium supports HD live view of up to 1.2 miles away from the starting point, making it an extremely viable scouting (or surveillance) drone.
Combine all that with dual navigational sensors, gigantic controller that breathes quality with a built-in display and a wide array of features and I am sure you will realize X-Star Premium is worth checking out. If not for anything of the awesome features and functions I’ve mentioned above, then surely because of its amazing orange color scheme that stands out from the crowd at all times.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
3. Yuneec Typhoon H
If you are looking for a collision-avoidance-ready drone but you don’t want to spend a fortune to acquire one of the newest DJI’s drone models, then Typhoon H by Yuneec is the perfect choice for you.
This simplistic hexacopter might not provide you with second-to-none performance as seen with DJI’s drones, but considering it doesn’t cost nearly as one of those, it’s completely justified. Still, don’t think Typhoon H is a toy; not by a long shot! This baby features the ST16 controller with a 7-inch Android touchscreen) along with a CGO3+ camera. It is capable of recording 4K footage and delivers it in a silk smooth fashion. Moreover, it features 360 anti-vibration gimbal system which, in combination with retractable landing gear, allows you to rotate the CGO3+ camera any way you want without any issues at all.
With everything above in mind, it’s clear that Typhoon H is a great (and cheap) alternative to the latest DJI’s drones and will surely continue doing great on the market. If only Yuneec could invest a bit more money into their marketing department. With such a high-quality model, I’m sure they’d get even better chances of tipping DJI off their throne in drones’ industry.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
2. DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Slowly but surely, we are moving forward to the best drone on this list. But, before that one, I will first say a couple of words about the runner up which is the awesome Phantom 4 Pro by DJI. Even though it was kind of left in the Mavic Pro’s shadow, there’s no doubt Phantom 4 Pro is a proper upgrade over the standard version… and I’ll tell you just why!
This incredibly piece of tech gadgetry has everything a casual user or a professional might need. It incorporates pretty much all basic functions that are seen with DJI Phantom 3 Pro, but has a couple of deserved upgrades such as improved navigation system and obstacle avoidance sensors. This was a long -awaited feature which works perfectly and will definitely save you a ton of nerves in the long run. In addition to that, it also features a groundbreaking range technology which allows the Phantom 4 Pro to fly as far as 7 kilometers away from its transmitter.
When you take that into the picture and bind it together with a bit less than half an hour of flight time and a second to none camera quality (4K ready of course), you will understand why people say that DJI is still making the best drones on the market.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
1. DJI Mavic Pro
Finally, we have reached our last destination – the best drone for sale at the moment. It’s none other than the spectacular DJI Mavic Pro, a drone that breaks the blurred line between fully-fledged and miniature foldable drones. It basically offers the performance and features of monstrous drones such as Phantom or Inspire series, and packs it into an incredibly small package for convenience.
Trust me when I say this, there is a lot of things this drone is capable of performing. Even though it was initially thought to be a selfie drone (competition to Yuneec Breeze, Zerotech Dobby and the rest of them), Mavic Pro turned out to be much more than that and is outright sweeping the floor with competitors. With its excellent 7 kilometers of operating range and earthshattering 27 minutes of flight time (that’s a huge jump from all other drones of this size), It is pretty clear that DJI Mavic Pro doesn’t agree to any compromises.
As I’ve already mentioned above, it has all the features of fully fledged DJI models such as ActiveTrack, TapFly, obstacle avoidance etc. With its GPS+GLONASS navigation system and a high quality 4K camera, DJI Mavic Pro really stands out from the crowd and can be considered the best bargain currently available on the market! Comment bellow what are best drones for sale in your opinion.Show me the best price for : [cf_geo return=”country”] [cf_geo_flag]
How to register your drone with the FAA?
If you are living in the US and plan on purchasing one of the bigger drones from this list, then you will have to register it with the FAA. If you are not familiar with FAA’s regulations, they require you to register all drones that weight between .55 and 55 lbs. via the official FAA website. On the other hand, if you own a drone that weights more than 55 lbs., you will have to fill out the paper (N-number) which is a much bigger hassle. Since no drones are over 55 lbs. on this list, we’ll concentrate on the lighter ones and their registration procedure.
The registration is rather simple. All you need to do is visit registermyuas.faa.gov and follow the on-page instructions. First, you will have to create an account, confirm your email and then choose whether you’re flying for fun or for commercial use. Keep in mind that, for commercial use, you will have to study and pass the Part 107 Knowledge test in order to become a Remote Pilot in Command. More on that below.
Once you are done with registering your drone for hobby purposes, after checkout (yes, you will have to pay $5 for the registration fees) you will get the registration number. What you need to do now is print it and stick it somewhere on your drone where it can be accessed without the use of tools. And that’s it, you are now a legal drone owner… Congratulations!
Part 107 Knowledge Test
Part 107 is a requirement for people who want to fly their drones commercially and is held in 696 testing centers across the US. So, for all you aerial photographers and hi-tech farmers, here’s what you will have to do in order to get your Remote Pilot in Command title.
Part 107 Knowledge test consists of 60 questions for which you will be given 2 hours to answer. You can find several guides on the internet with sample questions and lessons that will greatly help you to pass.
Passing might seem easy at first, but in reality, it’s quite difficult; the FAA made sure of that. You see, the minimal passing grade requires 70% correct answers. In other words, in order to pass you must get minimally 42 (out of 60) questions correctly. Here’s what the question-type outline looks like:
Last but not least – Part 107 will cost you $150, and that’s only if you pass from the very first try. If you happen to fail, not only will you have to wait for 14 days to retake the test, but you will also have to dash out $150 again.
Drone Market 2017 predictions
With the rapid growth of drones over the last couple of years, experts are trying to predict the next developments that could affect the industry. Here’s a general overview of what we can expect in 2017!
Forming of the worldwide drone market
Worldwide drone market is in the making and there is no doubt about it. With USA making their laws known via FAA’s policies, it is only a matter of time before other countries start doing a better job of regulating UAVs. For instance, European Union has already showed intentions of creating uniformed UAV laws that will be in charge of regulating UAV drones and operators within their countries’ borders. Looking forward, this is of utmost importance and will definitely pave the way to the worldwide drone market in the making.
New legal issues
Even though the FAA did their best to regulate UAVs and train their operators, both hobbyist and those who fly for commercial purposes, there are still huge challenges surrounding drones. One of the biggest ones is BVLOS (flying beyond the visual line of sight) which has been in the center of public concern ever since the first drones whose range exceeded our line of sight emerged on the market. The sooner the FAA manages to sort this issue out, the better that’ll be for both drone operators and drone manufacturers.
Commercial Insurance as a top priority
It is already obvious that FAA is doing their best when it comes insuring commercial operators. The number one priority was achieved with the Part 107 Knowledge test which widened the margin between hobbyists and commercial UAV operators. By the end of this year, we can expect EU to introduce similar measures. Undoubtedly, they are bound to drastically improve the quality of drone operating services in the EU.
New industry implementations
There is no doubt that drones have already been a massive help in various industries such as surveillance, agriculture, photography etc… With further improvements in drone technology and with the introduction of this year’s flagship models, one thing is certain – plenty more industries will assess the advantages they could be having with drone implementations in various processes.
After getting to know these awesome 15 drones a bit better, I’m sure all of you have a much better picture on what to expect on the market. You already had the chance to see for yourself that there is plenty of diversity on the market. Take that with a grain of salt as we only featured mainstream drones. There isn’t a single racing drone on the list and, believe it or not, they take up a good portion of the market. So, with that in mind, I’d like to leave you with all of this useful information. Judging by the fact you’ve stumbled upon this article, you are most likely in the process of purchasing a drone. If that’s the case, I’d like to with you best of luck!
What’s the best drone for sale in 2017?
Today, in the 21th century, we are watching the rise of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, the so called UAV’s or drones, as media named it and consequently we did too. Despite still common belief, drones for sale do not just have military purposes. On the contrary, drones are meant for our amusement, for our photography and videography needs, for our pleasure, reaching places we never thought we could reach. Just imagine, your wedding, how great would it be to record all the guests, all the fun, from the sky? Imagine, how amazing would it be to go spend the day in the park and race your drone with others? How spectacular would it be to watch in real time from the comfort of your home what’s going on in your street? It is all possible! Drones enable an all new point-of-view. The sky no longer is the limit!
Industries have come to realize the big potential in this new technology. New drones are being released to the market every week, each one aiming to bring new improvements from its predecessors. More flight time, faster speed, better camera quality, more useful and amazing features, all at the tip of your fingers and the sight of your eyes! Yet, the big question still is: from all the drones in the market, which one best fits your needs? We at Drones Globe have a goal. The goal to guide you and help you throughout this new technology, informing you on the best products for your budget. Money is important. Your money is important. You should spend it wisely. At Drones Globe you won’t regret your buy, we discuss every detail of a product and compare to other same price drones, so you can always have the best bang for your buck! Further in this article we will discuss the best drones for sale currently in the market for each type of budget. But first, if you are a beginner you may want to consider this:
$10 to $50 Budget quads for sale:
Most quadcopters within this affordable budget are toy rated micro quads, with the usual ABS Plastic and low quality cameras. However, around the $50 quadcopter you already find some bigger sized quadcopters with a decent camera and easy to manoeuvre.
|JXD 509V||6 minutes||80 meters||3.0 MP|
|MT 9916||6 minutes||50 meters||2.0 MP|
|JJRC H8C||7 minutes||100 meters||2.0 MP|
|FY326 Q7||8 minutes||100 meters||No|
|HT F803C||6 minutes||80 meters||1 MP|
- Pioneer JXD 509V is a recent quadcopter from Pioneer. But it’s not any common quadcopter, JXD 509V is packed with awesome features, more than any other same price quad. Such features include: Return to Home, Altitude Holder and Headless Mode. Plus a 2MP camera. It has an 80 meter control distance. Another amazing thing about this drone is its futuristic design resembling the Yuneec Q500. As you can see it is our only Tier 1 quadcopter, mainly because it represents a big leap on how good and cheap a drone can be. Setting the bar high to other same price drones. That being said, for now it is the only Tier 1 drone within this budget.
- Moontop MT 9916 comes with a 2MP camera. Don’t expect videos and photos to be high quality, this is very cheap drone. It is easy to manoeuvre, can stay in air for around 8 minutes and only takes around 30 minutes to charge!! Its control distance is just 50 meters, that’s the downside of it. Otherwise, very affordable drone and good pick. Personally, I’ve bought few of these last Christmas for my nephew. They are good for first time flyers. Good price / value ratio.
- JJRC H8C comes with a 2MP built in camera. It has a nice dark spacecraft design. It can fly as far as 80 meters and as a flight time of 8 minutes.
- FY326 Q7 is a great quadcopter for beginners, it only has the basic functions but it can fly beautifully, extremely easy to control and can go as far as 120 meters! It has the lifting power to carry a simple camera if you wish to attach one. And it is very affordable (around $20!)
- HT F803C is a great little quadcopter, easy to fly. Control distance of 100 meters and as a flight time of 6 to 7 minutes. It has a very decent built in camera of 1MP. Many will agree this is one of best drones of this size (nano).
$50 to 100$ Budget:
Quadcopters within this also affordable price range are still toy rated quadcopters, however they start to include some useful features and good power lift and nice cameras.
|Name||Image||Flight time||Control range||Camera|
|Tarantula X6||8 minutes||300 meters||Separate buy|
|MJX X600||8 minutes||100 meters||Separate buy|
|WL Toys V686G||8 minutes||100 meters||2.0 MP|
|JJRC H11D||10 minutes||120 meters||2.0 MP|
|Syma X5SW||6 minutes||50 meters||0.3 MP|
|Syma X8C||5 minutes||50 meters||2.0 MP|
- Tarantula X6 is an amazing quadcopter. Extremely stable, easy to control, has very decent lifting power. Has an amazing 300 meters control distance!! Flight time of 8 to 10 minutes. It comes with IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) which works much like an inner compass. Allowing features such as Return to Home. It also has Headless Mode. If you buy the camera pack version of this quadcopter, it comes with a 5MP camera. In this price range, Tarantula is definitely one of the best camera drones for sale.
- MJX X600 is a highly recommended drone for sale. What is the difference between a hexacopter and a quadcopter, well hexacopter has six rotors and the quadcopter has four. X600 can reach high yaw rates, making it a fast quadcopter. It has a flight time of up to 9 minutes and 125 meters control distance. Among its features we can find Headless Mode and Return to Home.
- WLtoys V686G is one of the most sold low budget FPV quadcopters. Mainly because it delivers what it promises. A great flight time of up to 10 minutes! Good control distance of 120 meters. And a very decent 2MP camera which transmits real time video to the FPV screen with almost no delay.
- JJRC H11D is one of the best and most affordable low budget FPV quadcopters. Together with a 2MP camera and a screen built-in in your controller, it probably is the number one cheap FPV quadcopter at the moment with a complete package. Flight time of 10 minutes (very good!) and 120 meters control distance. Packs some useful features such as the One Press Automatic Return and the camera is remotely adjustable (for better recording angles)
- Syma X5SW is a very affordable quadcopter with FPV (real time video transmission)! Yes, for a very low price you can have your own FPV quad, watch directly in your screen what the quadcopter is recording. Camera quality is of 2MP. It comes with Headless Mode and IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control). Unfortunately it only has a range of 50 meters. That is always the downside of the Syma X5 series: low range.
- Syma X8C Venture is a large size quadcopter with a design similar to the DJI Phantom. It has a nice smooth flight, it can stay on air for around 10 to 12 minutes which is very good. It can go as far as 100 meters distance. Depending on the package version it may come with a 2MP or 5MP camera. Its only feature is Headless Mode.
- JJRC H6C is a micro quadcopter, very fun and easy to fly and it has a built-in 2MP camera with 720p resolution. JJRC H6C control distance is somewhere around 80 meters. Transmitter has small LCD screen where you’ll be able to track battery status, camera etc. Also, you’ll get 2GB micro sd card in package with this drone. H6C has a blade protectors, that means it’s appropriate for indoor and outdoor flights. 3.7V 350mAh battery will provide you with 5-6 minutes of flight time, which is not bad for this price range.
- GPToys H2O is not the common drone. As you probably can tell by its name “H20”, one of this drone functions is being waterproof! Yes you can actually land this drone on the water as take-off from it. Control range of this drone is somewhere around 100 meters, which is great for this price range. 3.7V 650mAh LiPo battery will give you 6-8 minutes of flight time. We should also mention that it has built in LED lights, which means you’ll be able to fly it at night. Manufacturer claims that you have 30 days money back guarantee.
$100 to $300 Budget:
This is the budget line of the most expensive toy rated quadcopters. Expect some interesting features, better camera quality and an overall improvement of drone’s specifications.
|Parrot AR.Drone 2.0||10 minutes||100 meters||720p|
|Cheerson CX-20||14 minutes||300 meters||Buy separately|
|Wltoys V393||8 minutes||100 meters||No camera|
|JJRC X1||13 minutes||300 meters||No camera|
|WLtoys V666||7 minutes||100 meters||2.0 MP|
|Hubsan H107D||8 minutes||100 meters||0.3 MP|
|WLToys V686G||7 minutes||80 meters||1 MP|
- Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is an amazing powerful and fun quadcopter. It connects to your iOS or Android device which will act as a controller and FPV screen. It has very powerful specifications such as 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision, 3 axis accelerometer +-50mg precision, 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision. 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor, 1GB DDR2 RAM at 200MHz and Ultrasound Sensors. One of the best toy rated quadcopters, with a unique beautiful futuristic design. Camera is also very good quality, so no doubt this is one of the best camera drones for sale you can buy for less than $300.
- Cheerson CX-20 Auto Pathfinder is one of the most bought quadcopters currently in the market. It has Return to Home Function and Intelligent Orientation Control. It’s very easy to control. It has a great control distance of 300 meters and can stay in air for up to 15 minutes. It has enough lifting power to carry a GoPro. It is a great affordable substitute of professional photography and videography quadcopters.
- WLToys V393 is a drone packed with great features and amazing control distance. Its motors are brushless. Its features are GPS, Balance and pressure meter, Intelligent Flight Mode, Automatic Landing, Headless Mode and One-Key Return!! On top of all that it as a control distance of 500 meters! And a flight time of 15 minutes!
- JJRC X1 has been one of the best latest releases in the market. JJRC has done a great job. X1 has an amazing range of 300 to 400 meters! Awesome surprisingly flight time of up to 15 minutes! X1 is JJRC first brushless quadcopters and its powerful motors provide enough lifting power to even carry a GoPro! On top of all this it has some features such as Headless Mode and Return to Home. X1 is very affordable being one of the cheapest drones within this budget!
- WLtoys V666 is a large quadcopter with a very robust and durable foam protection. It is FPV ready, right of the box, no need for separate devices, it has its own 4″.3 5.8 Ghz LCD monitor. Control distance of 150 meters and flight time between 8 to 10 minutes. Camera is 2MP.
- Hubsan X4 H107D is a very small FPV quadcopter, from a great manufacture, Hubsan. The camera is only 0.3MP but it is great performance with perfect transmission through 5.8GHz assuring no lost connections and no latency. Supports Hubsan Video Googles for amazing FPV flights in real drone view. Control distance of 100 meters and flight time of 8 minutes.
- WLToys V686G is a very affordable quadcopter, ready to fly out of the box, with 100 meters control distance and 8 minutes of flight time. It has both Headless Mode and Return to Home feature. Comes with its on FPV monitor. FPV transmission is done with no lag outdoor or indoor.
In this budget you will find semi-professional and professional drones. The best drones in the market! Expect the best features and specifications! Amazing UAV’s!
|Name||Image||Flight time||Control range||Camera|
|DJI Phantom 4||25 minutes||2000 meters||12 MP, 4K|
|Typhoon H||25 minutes||1000 meters||12 MP, 4K|
|DJI Inspire 1||18 minutes||2000 meters||12 MP, 4K|
|3DR Solo||20 minutes||1000 meters||GoPro|
|DJI Phantom 3 Pro||20 minutes||2000 meters||12 MP, 4K|
|Typhoon Q500||22 minutes||600 meters||12 MP, 4K|
|Hubsan X4 Pro||25 minutes||1500 meters||13 MP, 1080p HD|
- Yuneec Typhoon H most of you probably expected some DJI model in 1st position, but our favourites goes to new model from Yuneec. H comes with a retractable landing gear and a camera which can pan a full 360 degrees. Unlike its main competitors (Inspire 1, Phantom 4) and previous Yuneec model (Q500), H comes with a six rotors instead of four. Yuneec says this will allow the craft to remain stable and land in the event it loses one or two motors. To conclude, Yuneec Typhoon H is a high-end, Hollywood-caliber drone, but at just two-thirds of the price of DJI’s Inspire 1.
- DJI Phantom 4 is beautifully designed camera drone for sale. Its smooth curves and crisp white exterior make it a natural fit for Apple stores, where it’s being sold exclusively for the first few weeks. Phantom 4 is feature rich drone, it has a collision avoidance and object tracking systems. Handling is very smooth, and it seems to be slightly faster than DJI Phantom 3. Camera quality and flight time are slightly improved too. Don’t forget DJIs flight app (available for both Android and iOS) which is very intuitive and it will definitely make your flights easier.
- 3DR Solo is often called smart or future proof drone. It’s built on open source platform, which means programmers can add new functionalities to it. It’s really feature rich and it comes with a well designed app. 3DR Solo does not have its own (built in) camera, which means you’ll have to use a GoPro camera which is always a good pick. You can buy it with or without gimbal and GoPro camera. Control range is somewhere about 1000 meters which is less than its main competitor drone (Phantom 3/4). Flight time is 20 minutes, which is relatively good, extra batteries can be bought and that’s what I always recommend.
- Dji Phantom 3 Advanced is DJI’s most recent product, and incredible powerful machine able to record 2.7K video and capture 12 megapixels photos. An integrated 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal supports GoPro cameras. Streams live 720p HD video directly to your smartphone or tablet in a maximum range of 2 kilometers. Among its features there are: Auto Take-off, Auto Landing, Auto Return to Home, Failsafe.
- Dji Inspire 1 is capable of flying up to 4.5KM distance. It comes with a software which allows the pilot to program automatic flights. Comes with an amazing 4K camera. It is one of the higher cost quadcopters. Mainly because it packs every feature you might think of. Therefore, we won’t go on much detail. It literally has all the great features you need.
- DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ This high-end Vision+ quadcopter has GPS, Wi-Fi, and a fully stabilized 14MP camera with an F/2.8 lens that shoots video at 1080p/30. Its 5200mAh Li-Po battery powers 25 minutes of flight time. There are 2 new DJI drone generations (Phantom 3 & 4) but this is still a good buy. Price has significantly dropped last year. I’d say this is great start drone for someone who is looking to get in Aerial photography and videography business.
- Yuneec Typhoon Q500 has three flight modes: Smart Mode, Angle Mode, and Home Mode. All three modes use GPS. One awesome feature of Q500 is Geo Fence protection. It has 800 meters control distance and 20 to 25 minutes flight time. Camera is 12MP and you’ll get decent footage from it. Many people believe Q500 is better that it’s 1st competitor : DJI Phantom 3. Personally, I believe it is slightly better than Phantom 3. Since new version is out (Typhoon H), you can get this one for great, discounted price. I wouldn’t miss that opportunity if I were looking for drone of this type at the moment.
- Cheerson CX22 brings great improvements, such as Dual GPS System, improved positioning accuracy and more stable flight. A Follow Me feature, Auto-return, Out of control and returning, a key to return, Autoland, Automatic stability augmentation system, Circle Mode (recording around a determined radius). Cheerson CX 22 has a range of 800 meters and 25 minute flight time. Camera records in 1080p resolution. Transmitter is high quality and it has its own LCD screen for FPV video transmission. You’ll get a carrying bag in package too. Please read reviews on Amazon before buying, it looks like some people are having negative experience with this drone.
- 3DR IRIS+ can be remotely controlled via Android and iOS by an application on pilot’s device, or through a nine-channel radio transmitter with on-screen telemetry for instant accurate flight data. The mobile app assists the remote control with features such as automatic take-off and landing with just a push of a button. Iris + has the awesome and useful feature Mission Planner software. By tapping on a displayed map and drawing intended flying path, Iris + will record it and perform it. All powered by a high-performance 32-bit Pixhawk autopilot system built on ARM Cortex-M4 Processor. Congrats 3DR, you created one of best quadcopters for sale in this price range!