Hello guys! After weeks of research we have finally completed final version of our Ultimate drone buying guide. This is a long, in depth guide where we discuss more than 50 currently available drones for sale. Our list also contains top things you should consider when buying a drone, and we explained most popular drones features and how they work.
Browse this post by Category: Click any of the links below to jump to each category.
|1. Things to consider when buying a drone|
|2. Common features and how they work|
|3. How we sort drones on this list [IMPORTANT]|
|4. Top 30 quads for sale – sorted by price|
|5. >> $10 to $50|
|6. >>>> $51 to $100|
|7. >>>>>> $101 to $300|
|8. >>>>>>>> +$500|
What’s the best drone for sale in 2016?SKIP BORING PART and Scroll down to : Comparison tables
Today, in the 21th century, we are watching the rise of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, the so called UAV’s or drones, as media named it and consequently we did too. Despite still common belief, drones for sale do not just have military purposes. On the contrary, drones are meant for our amusement, for our photography and videography needs, for our pleasure, reaching places we never thought we could reach. Just imagine, your wedding, how great would it be to record all the guests, all the fun, from the sky? Imagine, how amazing would it be to go spend the day in the park and race your drone with others? How spectacular would it be to watch in real time from the comfort of your home what’s going on in your street? It is all possible! Drones enable an all new point-of-view. The sky no longer is the limit!
Industries have come to realize the big potential in this new technology. New drones are being released to the market every week, each one aiming to bring new improvements from its predecessors. More flight time, faster speed, better camera quality, more useful and amazing features, all at the tip of your fingers and the sight of your eyes! Yet, the big question still is: from all the drones in the market, which one best fits your needs? We at Drones Globe have a goal. The goal to guide you and help you throughout this new technology, informing you on the best products for your budget. Money is important. Your money is important. You should spend it wisely. At Drones Globe you won’t regret your buy, we discuss every detail of a product and compare to other same price drones, so you can always have the best bang for your buck! Further in this article we will discuss the best drones for sale currently in the market for each type of budget. But first, if you are a beginner you may want to consider this:
What are the factors you have to take into consideration when purchasing your first drone?
Common features drones have and how they work:
The best (camera) quadcopters for sale, sorted by price :
$10 to $50 Budget drones for sale:
Most quadcopters within this affordable budget are toy rated micro quads, with the usual ABS Plastic and low quality cameras. However, around the $50 quadcopter you already find some bigger sized quadcopters with a decent camera and easy to manoeuvre.
|JXD 509V||6 minutes||80 meters||3.0 MP||Show me !|
|MT 9916||6 minutes||50 meters||2.0 MP||Show me !|
|JJRC H8C||7 minutes||100 meters||2.0 MP||Show me !|
|FY326 Q7||8 minutes||100 meters||No||Show me !|
|HT F803C||6 minutes||80 meters||1 MP||Show me !|
- Pioneer JXD 509V is a recent quadcopter from Pioneer. But it’s not any common quadcopter, JXD 509V is packed with awesome features, more than any other same price quad. Such features include: Return to Home, Altitude Holder and Headless Mode. Plus a 2MP camera. It has an 80 meter control distance. Another amazing thing about this drone is its futuristic design resembling the Yuneec Q500. As you can see it is our only Tier 1 quadcopter, mainly because it represents a big leap on how good and cheap a drone can be. Setting the bar high to other same price drones. That being said, for now it is the only Tier 1 drone within this budget.
- Moontop MT 9916 comes with a 2MP camera. Don’t expect videos and photos to be high quality, this is very cheap drone. It is easy to manoeuvre, can stay in air for around 8 minutes and only takes around 30 minutes to charge!! Its control distance is just 50 meters, that’s the downside of it. Otherwise, very affordable drone and good pick. Personally, I’ve bought few of these last Christmas for my nephew. They are good for first time flyers. Good price / value ratio.
- JJRC H8C comes with a 2MP built in camera. It has a nice dark spacecraft design. It can fly as far as 80 meters and as a flight time of 8 minutes.
- FY326 Q7 is a great quadcopter for beginners, it only has the basic functions but it can fly beautifully, extremely easy to control and can go as far as 120 meters! It has the lifting power to carry a simple camera if you wish to attach one. And it is very affordable (around $20!)
- HT F803C is a great little quadcopter, easy to fly. Control distance of 100 meters and as a flight time of 6 to 7 minutes. It has a very decent built in camera of 1MP. Many will agree this is one of best drones of this size (nano).
$50 to 100$ Budget:
Quadcopters within this also affordable price range are still toy rated quadcopters, however they start to include some useful features and good power lift and nice cameras.
|Name||Image||Flight time||Control range||Camera||Price|
|Tarantula X6||8 minutes||300 meters||Separate buy||Show me !|
|MJX X600||8 minutes||100 meters||Separate buy||Show me !|
|WL Toys V686G||8 minutes||100 meters||2.0 MP||Show me !|
|JJRC H11D||10 minutes||120 meters||2.0 MP||Show me !|
|Syma X5SW||6 minutes||50 meters||0.3 MP||Show me !|
|Syma X8C||5 minutes||50 meters||2.0 MP||Show me !|
- Tarantula X6 is an amazing quadcopter. Extremely stable, easy to control, has very decent lifting power. Has an amazing 300 meters control distance!! Flight time of 8 to 10 minutes. It comes with IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) which works much like an inner compass. Allowing features such as Return to Home. It also has Headless Mode. If you buy the camera pack version of this quadcopter, it comes with a 5MP camera. In this price range, Tarantula is definitely one of the best camera drones for sale.
- MJX X600 is a highly recommended drone for sale. What is the difference between a hexacopter and a quadcopter, well hexacopter has six rotors and the quadcopter has four. X600 can reach high yaw rates, making it a fast quadcopter. It has a flight time of up to 9 minutes and 125 meters control distance. Among its features we can find Headless Mode and Return to Home.
- WLtoys V686G is one of the most sold low budget FPV quadcopters. Mainly because it delivers what it promises. A great flight time of up to 10 minutes! Good control distance of 120 meters. And a very decent 2MP camera which transmits real time video to the FPV screen with almost no delay.
- JJRC H11D is one of the best and most affordable low budget FPV quadcopters. Together with a 2MP camera and a screen built-in in your controller, it probably is the number one cheap FPV quadcopter at the moment with a complete package. Flight time of 10 minutes (very good!) and 120 meters control distance. Packs some useful features such as the One Press Automatic Return and the camera is remotely adjustable (for better recording angles)
- Syma X5SW is a very affordable quadcopter with FPV (real time video transmission)! Yes, for a very low price you can have your own FPV quad, watch directly in your screen what the quadcopter is recording. Camera quality is of 2MP. It comes with Headless Mode and IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control). Unfortunately it only has a range of 50 meters. That is always the downside of the Syma X5 series: low range.
- Syma X8C Venture is a large size quadcopter with a design similar to the DJI Phantom. It has a nice smooth flight, it can stay on air for around 10 to 12 minutes which is very good. It can go as far as 100 meters distance. Depending on the package version it may come with a 2MP or 5MP camera. Its only feature is Headless Mode.
- JJRC H6C is a micro quadcopter, very fun and easy to fly and it has a built-in 2MP camera with 720p resolution. JJRC H6C control distance is somewhere around 80 meters. Transmitter has small LCD screen where you’ll be able to track battery status, camera etc. Also, you’ll get 2GB micro sd card in package with this drone. H6C has a blade protectors, that means it’s appropriate for indoor and outdoor flights. 3.7V 350mAh battery will provide you with 5-6 minutes of flight time, which is not bad for this price range.
- GPToys H2O is not the common drone. As you probably can tell by its name “H20”, one of this drone functions is being waterproof! Yes you can actually land this drone on the water as take-off from it. Control range of this drone is somewhere around 100 meters, which is great for this price range. 3.7V 650mAh LiPo battery will give you 6-8 minutes of flight time. We should also mention that it has built in LED lights, which means you’ll be able to fly it at night. Manufacturer claims that you have 30 days money back guarantee.
$100 to $300 Budget:
This is the budget line of the most expensive toy rated quadcopters. Expect some interesting features, better camera quality and an overall improvement of drone’s specifications.
|Parrot AR.Drone 2.0||10 minutes||100 meters||720p||Show me !|
|Cheerson CX-20||14 minutes||300 meters||Buy separately||Show me !|
|Wltoys V393||8 minutes||100 meters||No camera||Show me !|
|JJRC X1||13 minutes||300 meters||No camera||Show me !|
|WLtoys V666||7 minutes||100 meters||2.0 MP||Show me !|
|Hubsan H107D||8 minutes||100 meters||0.3 MP||Show me !|
|WLToys V686G||7 minutes||80 meters||1 MP||Show me !|
- Parrot AR Drone 2.0 is an amazing powerful and fun quadcopter. It connects to your iOS or Android device which will act as a controller and FPV screen. It has very powerful specifications such as 3 axis gyroscope 2000°/second precision, 3 axis accelerometer +-50mg precision, 3 axis magnetometer 6° precision. 1GHz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor, 1GB DDR2 RAM at 200MHz and Ultrasound Sensors. One of the best toy rated quadcopters, with a unique beautiful futuristic design. Camera is also very good quality, so no doubt this is one of the best camera drones for sale you can buy for less than $300.
- Cheerson CX-20 Auto Pathfinder is one of the most bought quadcopters currently in the market. It has Return to Home Function and Intelligent Orientation Control. It’s very easy to control. It has a great control distance of 300 meters and can stay in air for up to 15 minutes. It has enough lifting power to carry a GoPro. It is a great affordable substitute of professional photography and videography quadcopters.
- WLToys V393 is a drone packed with great features and amazing control distance. Its motors are brushless. Its features are GPS, Balance and pressure meter, Intelligent Flight Mode, Automatic Landing, Headless Mode and One-Key Return!! On top of all that it as a control distance of 500 meters! And a flight time of 15 minutes!
- JJRC X1 has been one of the best latest releases in the market. JJRC has done a great job. X1 has an amazing range of 300 to 400 meters! Awesome surprisingly flight time of up to 15 minutes! X1 is JJRC first brushless quadcopters and its powerful motors provide enough lifting power to even carry a GoPro! On top of all this it has some features such as Headless Mode and Return to Home. X1 is very affordable being one of the cheapest drones within this budget!
- WLtoys V666 is a large quadcopter with a very robust and durable foam protection. It is FPV ready, right of the box, no need for separate devices, it has its own 4″.3 5.8 Ghz LCD monitor. Control distance of 150 meters and flight time between 8 to 10 minutes. Camera is 2MP.
- Hubsan X4 H107D is a very small FPV quadcopter, from a great manufacture, Hubsan. The camera is only 0.3MP but it is great performance with perfect transmission through 5.8GHz assuring no lost connections and no latency. Supports Hubsan Video Googles for amazing FPV flights in real drone view. Control distance of 100 meters and flight time of 8 minutes.
- WLToys V686G is a very affordable quadcopter, ready to fly out of the box, with 100 meters control distance and 8 minutes of flight time. It has both Headless Mode and Return to Home feature. Comes with its on FPV monitor. FPV transmission is done with no lag outdoor or indoor.
In this budget you will find semi-professional and professional drones. The best drones in the market! Expect the best features and specifications! Amazing UAV’s!
|Name||Image||Flight time||Control range||Camera||Buy now|
|DJI Phantom 4||25 minutes||2000 meters||12 MP, 4K||Show me !|
|Typhoon H||25 minutes||1000 meters||12 MP, 4K||Show me !|
|DJI Inspire 1||18 minutes||2000 meters||12 MP, 4K||Show me !|
|3DR Solo||20 minutes||1000 meters||GoPro||Show me !|
|DJI Phantom 3 Pro||20 minutes||2000 meters||12 MP, 4K||Show me !|
|Typhoon Q500||22 minutes||600 meters||12 MP, 4K||Show me !|
|Hubsan X4 Pro||25 minutes||1500 meters||13 MP, 1080p HD||Show me !|
- Yuneec Typhoon H most of you probably expected some DJI model in 1st position, but our favourites goes to new model from Yuneec. H comes with a retractable landing gear and a camera which can pan a full 360 degrees. Unlike its main competitors (Inspire 1, Phantom 4) and previous Yuneec model (Q500), H comes with a six rotors instead of four. Yuneec says this will allow the craft to remain stable and land in the event it loses one or two motors. To conclude, Yuneec Typhoon H is a high-end, Hollywood-caliber drone, but at just two-thirds of the price of DJI’s Inspire 1.
- DJI Phantom 4 is beautifully designed camera drone for sale. Its smooth curves and crisp white exterior make it a natural fit for Apple stores, where it’s being sold exclusively for the first few weeks. Phantom 4 is feature rich drone, it has a collision avoidance and object tracking systems. Handling is very smooth, and it seems to be slightly faster than DJI Phantom 3. Camera quality and flight time are slightly improved too. Don’t forget DJIs flight app (available for both Android and iOS) which is very intuitive and it will definitely make your flights easier.
- 3DR Solo is often called smart or future proof drone. It’s built on open source platform, which means programmers can add new functionalities to it. It’s really feature rich and it comes with a well designed app. 3DR Solo does not have its own (built in) camera, which means you’ll have to use a GoPro camera which is always a good pick. You can buy it with or without gimbal and GoPro camera. Control range is somewhere about 1000 meters which is less than its main competitor drone (Phantom 3/4). Flight time is 20 minutes, which is relatively good, extra batteries can be bought and that’s what I always recommend.
- Dji Phantom 3 Advanced is DJI’s most recent product, and incredible powerful machine able to record 2.7K video and capture 12 megapixels photos. An integrated 3-Axis Stabilization Gimbal supports GoPro cameras. Streams live 720p HD video directly to your smartphone or tablet in a maximum range of 2 kilometers. Among its features there are: Auto Take-off, Auto Landing, Auto Return to Home, Failsafe.
- Dji Inspire 1 is capable of flying up to 4.5KM distance. It comes with a software which allows the pilot to program automatic flights. Comes with an amazing 4K camera. It is one of the higher cost quadcopters. Mainly because it packs every feature you might think of. Therefore, we won’t go on much detail. It literally has all the great features you need.
- DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ This high-end Vision+ quadcopter has GPS, Wi-Fi, and a fully stabilized 14MP camera with an F/2.8 lens that shoots video at 1080p/30. Its 5200mAh Li-Po battery powers 25 minutes of flight time. There are 2 new DJI drone generations (Phantom 3 & 4) but this is still a good buy. Price has significantly dropped last year. I’d say this is great start drone for someone who is looking to get in Aerial photography and videography business.
- Yuneec Typhoon Q500 has three flight modes: Smart Mode, Angle Mode, and Home Mode. All three modes use GPS. One awesome feature of Q500 is Geo Fence protection. It has 800 meters control distance and 20 to 25 minutes flight time. Camera is 12MP and you’ll get decent footage from it. Many people believe Q500 is better that it’s 1st competitor : DJI Phantom 3. Personally, I believe it is slightly better than Phantom 3. Since new version is out (Typhoon H), you can get this one for great, discounted price. I wouldn’t miss that opportunity if I were looking for drone of this type at the moment.
- Cheerson CX22 brings great improvements, such as Dual GPS System, improved positioning accuracy and more stable flight. A Follow Me feature, Auto-return, Out of control and returning, a key to return, Autoland, Automatic stability augmentation system, Circle Mode (recording around a determined radius). Cheerson CX 22 has a range of 800 meters and 25 minute flight time. Camera records in 1080p resolution. Transmitter is high quality and it has its own LCD screen for FPV video transmission. You’ll get a carrying bag in package too. Please read reviews on Amazon before buying, it looks like some people are having negative experience with this drone.
- 3DR IRIS+ can be remotely controlled via Android and iOS by an application on pilot’s device, or through a nine-channel radio transmitter with on-screen telemetry for instant accurate flight data. The mobile app assists the remote control with features such as automatic take-off and landing with just a push of a button. Iris + has the awesome and useful feature Mission Planner software. By tapping on a displayed map and drawing intended flying path, Iris + will record it and perform it. All powered by a high-performance 32-bit Pixhawk autopilot system built on ARM Cortex-M4 Processor. Congrats 3DR, you created one of best drones for sale in this price range!